Monday 28 November 2011

Design Wall Monday - Nov 28

I don't have anything new on my design wall.  Still the same three projects on the go.

The black and white - I finished it Thursday except the binding.  I'll get that done over the next couple of days.

The Monday Mystery - all caught up, and waiting to see what's next.  I think I know where it's going, and I'm already planning some extra blocks so I can turn this into a quiltie for donation.

Orca Bay - finished 180 blocks.  44 to go, and I still haven't looked up this week's clue.  It came out on Friday, but I was away all weekend, and haven't gone blog hopping over there yet.  That'll happen this week for sure, but I really want to finish both my November projects first.

And as for why I wasn't quilting this weekend - I spent the weekend at a dance competition.  I started taking ballroom dance lessons three years ago.  I had been to a social dance, and every partner I danced with accused me of leading.  One went so far as to say "Ok, you lead, I'll follow".  I was quite embarrassed, and decided it was time to take some lessons.  I told them that I had a simple desire - to learn how to follow. A few lessons in, and I was completely hooked.  I'm well past the point where people accuse me of leading :) but I discovered that I love dancing, and I've continued lessons ever since.  This year I drummed up the courage to attend the annual competition in Niagara Falls.  It was a fabulous weekend that involved a lot of dancing and very little sleeping :)

This is a picture of me and my instructor, from the practice party at the studio last week.  I'm waiting to see what pictures came back from the competition.




3 comments:

  1. What a fun 'nother hobby--dancing! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great complimentary hobbies... quilting -- sedentary and dancing active. Is that you in the picture... you look lovely and the dress is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress! And I love your black and white project - three designs in one and they look marvelous together.

    ReplyDelete