Saturday 5 November 2011

November's here!

November has arrived, and with it weather that feels a bit more like winter's on the way.  Put the snow tires on my car today, so I'm ready now for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at us.  Fortunately, last weekend's storms all passed to the south and east, so we were spared the early arrival of snow this year.

I have a goal for November and early December.  I want to get my stash report back into the black by the end of the year.  That means I need to use about 17 yards of fabric, I think.  So that plan may be a bit optimistic.  However, I'm going to do my best.  To that end, I've been a busy little beaver for the past few days.  I pulled out my November UFO, and hunted through the stash for appropriate bits to finish it.  The original fabric set is shown here.  I apparently used the pink and green for other projects, however.

After raiding my stash, I managed to come up with some other options that worked.  I was planning to take photos of this process, but the quilt went together so quickly, that all I have is the end result.  The small yellow border was not originally planned, but I cut the pink the wrong size (or measured the seminole border incorrectly).  So I needed an extra 1/4" on each side.  I'm kind of glad that happened, because I really like the way it came out.



3 comments:

  1. you are right!! That yellow really makes the star 'pop'!! It looks fantastic!!!
    And I love the border - this is a great looking star. Are you going to make it into a wall hanging now?? Good luck with getting back into the black!!!
    That is always fun!!!
    Very, very nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely!! And the yellow is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the yellow border makes the whole quilt pop. Feathered stars are on my bucket list - I LOVE yours!

    ReplyDelete