Monday 14 November 2011

Design Wall Monday - Nov 14


This is what's on my design wall today.  Still my black and white quilt, but about 1/3 of it has been sewn together.  When I started putting this quilt on the wall, I thought the baby blocks were going to be about the same size as my earlier "Tumbling Down" quilt.  I was amazed how much smaller the pieces became after I sewed them together.  I suppose I should have known, but I never stopped to measure each block.

So, this quilt is going to have much smaller bits than I originally planned. But that's OK - assuming I can get through the assembly without going crazy with all the itty bitty seams.

Other achievements this week - I finished the mystery quilt that I was working on earlier.  This came from the first Mystery Monday at "Little bits of this and that".  I squared it up (original design was a hexagon table topper), and enlarged it a bit to make it a 24" quiltie.

Also finished is one of my 4-patch posy baby quilts.  I have one other quilt ready for quilting, so I should have a few quilts to take to guild this week, for donation to the local children's hospital.

I'm on a roll, and hoping to finish a few more quilts and get my stash numbers into the black and over the 100 yards used mark for the end of the year.

You can check out more design walls over at Patchwork Times.

15 comments:

  1. very pretty qults...I really love your Mystery Quilt and the 4 Patch...colours are lovely...the design wall is great too; just tedious for me...lol. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, what beautiful work you've got on display today. I love that Tumbling Down quilt -- it's very fun! You've gotten a good bit accomplished and you're set up and ready to go this week, too! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your projects! Thanks for the link to the mystery. I might join in on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects, I love you Tumbling Down and your mystery quilt is neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had that "small/larger" perception thing as well. I made up a quilt for my nephew in my head and it worked, but it ended up much smaller than I thought it would.

    I love both your quilts. What creativity you have! I am envious.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  6. that tumbling down quilt is incredible, great job. What wonderful projects you have listed today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh great show. When I saw your first tumbling blocks quilt, I couldn't figure out how you did it and now with your design wall pictures I can see it. If I remember right, you did the process yourself without a pattern? Thanks for the view!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh... I like the idea of using up 100 yards of fabric this year. Just checked... I doubt I can use 40 yards in the next 6 weeks as I don't count it used until the whole quilt is done. And, heaven knows I have totally blown the keep the purchases down.

    Great projects and wow, you are making so much progress on several fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire your patience to stitch Y seams. It will be very beautiful. "Tumbling Down" is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty, the blocks are just fab. I have not tried that pattern because the seaming is a bit intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tumbling blocks quilts are gorgeous - I especially like how the shapes and/or colors change mid-quilt. I'm especially impressed that you pieced it all - Y-seams are not my thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Tumbling Down quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the projects you are working on. I sent in a picture of my "Monday Mystery" too. Mine was hexagon shaped. I love how you squared yours up. Are you doing the second Monday Mystery? I am now a follower. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects! Love the tumbling blocks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you come up with a clever name for your black and white quilts as you did for your tumbling down? A few more charity quilts goes a long way towards reducing your stash. Hang in there you've got a little of 40 days to go! Sandi

    ReplyDelete