Tuesday 22 November 2011

More Progress

I got all caught up on one of my mysteries this week.  The Monday Mystery  is now up to date, and waiting for (I think) one more clue to finish up.

On Orca Bay, I'm now done 140 quarter square triangles.  82 to go - should be finished those by Friday.  I won't be able to look at part 2 until Monday, unfortunately.  I don't know if I'll be able to handle the suspense :)

My goals for this week - finish my two November projects. That means finish putting together (and hopefully quilt, but that's probably a stretch) the black and white quilt for November's monochromatic challenge.  And quilt the feathered star, to complete my November UFO.

I've also added one more project to the list, but fortunately it doesn't start until February.  I signed up today for the Dancing with the Stars BOM, with my local quilt store.  Lots of places seem to be doing this by mail too, but this way I save the shipping and have the option of hands-on classes each month.  You can see the quilt here (my local store) or here (sew-sisters, mail-order option).  I was in the local quilt shop today and saw the quilt on the wall - it is gorgeous!  And given that I'm off to my first ballroom dance competition this weekend, where I will do "the Viennese Waltz, the Foxtrot, and even the Cha Cha", I couldn't resist.  (That quote is from the quilt description - blocks are named for the dances.)


2 comments:

  1. You are one busy girl! Good luck on finishing the two November projects with the holidays. I looked back and I think you can get them done, even with the holidays.

    WOW! I looked at the Dancing with the Stars quilt....I hadn't seen it before. That is gorgeous! I did some dancing competitions way back when I was in college, but nothing since. They are fun and you will have a blast!

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.....I might have to join you on this one. Even though I swore off new projects for now, that quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete