Friday 17 August 2012

Friday Night Sew In

My plans to join the Friday Night Sew-in were sidelined this evening.  A friend emailed with a plea for help - and an offer of ice cream. How could I refuse?  I headed out after dinner to help him figure out a solution to a flooring problem.  After much contemplation and discussion, we determined an easy solution - so simple that I'm sure he was kicking himself for not thinking of it earlier.  When you can't access one corner of the floating floor you are installing, simply slide the floating floor aside, insert the problem piece, and slide the floor back in place.  Problem solved.

Sewing however became a much shorter endeavor than planned this evening.  I did manage to squeeze in an hour of stitching, and put together all the blocks and the first border of my current quilt.  I must stop here however, as it is getting late.  Tempting as it is to continue, I need to get some sleep so that I can take the 3 kitties off to their checkup in the morning.

More sewing tomorrow afternoon and evening I hope.  I have plans for a thread catcher, and catching up on some block of the month projects.

2 comments:

  1. It was a nice gesture to give up some sewing time to help a friend(what kind of ice cream was it?) Your quilt top is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes things just don't work out but I love the quilt you are currently working on. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete