Friday 3 August 2012

Knitting Progress

After finishing my colour challenge quilt earlier this week, I haven't been into my sewing room much.  No TV in there, and I do want to watch the Olympics as much as I can.  So rather than sewing, I've been knitting for the past few days.  Here's my progress on my sweater so far.  I'm about 2/3 done the body - then just ribbing to go.  I'm knitting it top down, so I'll just go until I run out of yarn (and hopefully I'll guess correctly about when to start the shaping at the bottom).  This is a really quick and easy pattern - a nice change after the lace shawl I knit last month.

Check out Judy's blog today to see what others have on their needles.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never knitted a sweater all in one piece - very cool. I'm glad I clicked on your picture in Judy's needle post, I've always admired your b/w/red quilt that's shown in your header - now I know who made it!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO nice! I can't wait to see this finished. I so admire someone with perseverence to do sweaters! I'll never get to that point, I don't think. And there are very few times I could wear one in Louisiana, as hot natured as I am.

    ReplyDelete