Saturday, November 3, 2012

Catching up

I've been a busy little beaver the last few days - but quiet on the blog.  I found out 3 days ago that I was basically out of storage for photos on my blog, so I went looking around and realized how big the files are that I have been uploading.  I decided that my best (cheapest :) ) option was to resize all the images to reclaim space - that should at least gain me a couple years of blogging before I have to come up with a new plan.

While doing that I realized that none of my photos are watermarked - so I located a tool which will both watermark and resize in one step - and now I am in the process of replacing every image on my blog with a new one.  That means editting every single post I've ever written, so it's a slow process. Fortunately smaller photos upload faster, so it's not taking too long to add the new photos.  If you notice photos not loading, that is probably the cause - I should have it all fixed up within a week.

In the meantime, here is some of the actual quilting activity I've been working on this week.  I finished the center for my batik quilt, and auditioned some borders for it.

The red is definitely out, and I'm not sure yet about the purple. I was looking for something darker, but I'm not having much luck finding anything I like.

This quilt is leftovers from a quilt I made for my son.  Actually, "am making" is a better description.  The top was completed in 2010, but it still is not quilted.  Soon (I hope).  Pieces of the piano key border on this quilt were left over from cutting the piano keys for his quilt.  And the 4-patch blocks were extras - not sure how that happened.  I had tucked some fabric away with the blocks, fortunately, and I added to the borders to make it 24", I'll do 2 inner borders, then the 4-patch blocks.  This will be another donation quiltie for the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment