Friday 30 November 2012

November UFO

I have not done very well with the UFO challenge this year.  I think that's because I had to stretch things to find 12 UFOs - so maybe that's a good thing.  However, I appear to be ending the year with more UFOs than I started.  I have 6 quilts ready for quilting - Grant's quilt, Colin's quilt, 2 versions of my indigo star, Building Blocks, a batik quilt, and one other colour challenge.  Then I have a number of smaller quilts to tackle - 3 projects from the recent quilting retreat (mitres, circles, twisted log cabin).  I have 4 ready for binding - batik gems, bulging checkerboard, Christmas wreath, and a jelly roll race from retreat.  And  more in progress projects than ever - Dancing with the Stars, Gardener's Alphabet, Sherri's mystery, Bonnie Hunter mystery, one batik quilt cut out and one just started, and 2 giant 9-patch baby quilts cut out.


The good news is, only 2 of those projects are more than a year old.  So by some accounting they haven't reached UFO status yet, and are simply works in progress :)  Judy say the UFO challenge is changing next year. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us.  I love the incentive I get from her challenges, to take on something new, or finish something old. 

This month, I did in fact finish something.  Like this quilt.  My Fibonacci spiral has been waiting for binding for close to 2 years I think.  It is finally done!

I also had some blocks left over from Grant's quilt (the one not yet quilted, from the list above).  I put those together, found some extra fabric, and made a small quiltie from them.  This has already been finished and donated at guild last month.

Check out Judy's blog for more UFO progress.  And come back at the end of the year to see if I finish December's UFO :)

No comments:

Post a Comment