Friday 13 September 2013

Dreambird progress

I'm still knitting away on my dreambird - up to feather #15 now. I plan to just keep going until I run out of grey.  For now I'm still knitting my way out of the tangle my kitty left me earlier this week.  Fortunately, she hasn't found my new hiding spot yet, so the project has been safe from her attentions.


I really like the way this is turning out, but it's not as wide as I hoped it might be.  Even after extending the pattern a bit (from 130 stitches to 156), I wish it was a bit wider. So, like many others I am planning another dreambird.  I'll either use heavier yarn, or re-draft the pattern again. Probably redrafting, because I've already got my yarn in mind.

This pattern is great - fun, easy, and a multi-colour without having to carry yarn around on every row.  I love it - maybe I should look for more like this, rather than making another dreambird next.

No comments:

Post a Comment