Sunday, September 8, 2013

Stash Report - Sept 8

I loaded a quilt on the long arm this weekend, so there's a bit of stash to report used in that backing. I did have some grief with it. I checked the fabric, and I had lots for what I needed. So I cut the lengths, sewed the 2 panels together, and headed for the ironing board. As I laid the backing out, I spotted big hole in the middle of it :(  there was a flaw in the fabric that I hadn't noticed earlier.  I had one piece left, but it wasn't long enough to replace the entire panel. So, best laid plans and all that - my backing now has 2 seams rather than 1.  But at least I have a backing. And 5 yards used.

I did bring a little treasure home with me yesterday, too.  I went shopping for fabric for this year's Border Creek Station mystery.  I love how last years turned out, so I thought I would jump in again.  It took forever to come up with these fabrics, and they are a long way from what the kit contains. But hopefully it will turn out as nicely as the last one did.


Total stash usage this year: 187 1/4 yards out

Drop by Judy's blog for more stash reports today.

4 comments:

  1. What yummy fabrics you picked. Look forward to seeing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics you chose for the mystery quilt and look forward to seeing it come together. Congrats on great usage numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your choices are beautiful! I especially love the blue with the flowers! Melanie at 1000needles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stash enhancements are such a pretty grouping. Am looking forward to your mystery to see how they are used. Great numbers, BTW.

    ReplyDelete