Tuesday, March 14, 2017
These are my blocks from one of the guild mysteries. The dark is my background, and the light is my accent colour - so I keep having to remind myself to switch the dark and light in the instructions.
As this quilt progressed, I realized that my choice of fabrics was somewhat unfortunate. The light grey has dark grey in it. The dark grey has light great. And the red has both dark and light grey highlights. I did some fussy cutting, to try to minimize the overlap between the greys. But in the end,I think my blocks look a bit mushy. However, I did decide to go with the original layout, with no border. That makes this another perfect donation quilt, and I'm sure someone will love it. It's all sewn together now, although this picture doesn't show that. Added to the pile for quilting.
Labels: mystery quilt