Wednesday 1 March 2017

Fabric Choices

I spent a couple of hours yesterday digging through my stash trying to find fabric for my next project.  I started with this. I bought these purple batiks, along with a couple of coordinating prints, a few years ago. I love the colours, but after looking at this for a bit, the fabrics all started to blend and it seemed too blah.

So, back to the closet, and more fabric came out.  Maybe some greeny-blues and the other coordinating print to spice it up a bit.  Unfortunately my greens are too green, so this didn't feel quite right in person. And I am determined that this quilt will come from stash, so no shopping allowed.

A new direction. I started with the leaf print in the middle and worked out from there. Not bad. However, I'm a bit short on the leaf print :( I think I can fake it - I have another batik in a dark gold that might pass for the leaf print if carefully placed in the design.  And if that doesn't work, the quilt just gets smaller :)

New project, ready to go!


1 comment:

  1. I like the way you work! When folks ask me how big the quilt will be, I often answer, "when I run out of fabric"!

    ReplyDelete