Tuesday 16 January 2024

Indigo Way Progress

 I love Bonnie Hunter season! Every November she runs a free mystery, one clue a week until early January. The reveal came last week, so now the finishing begins.  I've been doing two this year - one with my in-person group and one with an online group. I did my first Bonnie Hunter Mystery (Orca Bay) back in 2011. But everything is better with friends, so I have been slowly converting various friends and guilds to build these groups 😄 

So my online mystery is a mini Indigo Way - each unit made 1/2 size, finishing at 1 1/2".  It is done, all the way to the borders. I considered adding a plain border, because I hate trying to bind where there are points I don't want to lose. But this quilt really doesn't want another border - I think that would somehow feel constrained.  So, here it is, ready for quilting. I think I'll bind it in one of the light greens.


This is one of my quilts from my large version of Indigo Way. I made all the blocks, in full size, in Bonnie's colours. But the results with be donated to Victoria's Quilts, so they need to be about 50x70". I have 1 done, 1 ready for borders, and some block pieces left over that I'll have to look at and see if there's a number 3 in there.  This is #2 - set square instead of on-point, because I don't feel like making more setting triangles 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment