Sunday 7 January 2024

Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter mystery season is always a good time.  This time, her quilt is Indigo Way.

I have 2 groups that I've pulled into the chaos.  One meets in person - that's my original group, running since 2016, when Bonnie presented en Provence.  Members have varied a bit, but the core group is back and raring to go post-covid.  So we've been meeting every Friday night to sew together.

But then I have a spin-off group. A few of the originals who live a bit farther away and found out how wonderful zoom sewing is, during covid.  We now have a regular Saturday zoom sew day, which morphed into a Bonnie Hunter day for the mystery season. And in the process picked up a few new converts (or looky-loos, who aren't quite ready to dive in but enjoy laughing at us as we make our mounds of blocks).

But, having 2 groups, and being a fast sewer in general, I could not see one Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt lasting me for two back-to-back sew days.  So what do I do?  I make 2 mystery quilts, of course!  A full size, in Bonnie's colours (which is chugging along but has not made it past my camera yet) and a mini - all the blocks, in half the size.  This green & yellow version is ready for assembly.

I decided I didn't want a square quilt, so I switched it up a bit and turned it into a rectangle. One spare block of each type is left over, so I'll find a home for those somewhere.  This should finish at about 36x46" I think - unless I add another border outside the pieced one.

And another project that I started recently - a little (ha ha) bit of hand sewing to pass the time.  Passacaglia should take me, oh, 5 or 10 years I figure.  But for now, with a bit of encouragement and company from a friend who suckered me into this, I'm working away at it as a slow-stitching project.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment