Tuesday 23 January 2024

Mystery Weekend

I spent the weekend on a virtual quilt retreat with Quilt-agious quilt shop in Wisconsin. I love the creative patterns they come up with, and last year's retreat was so much fun I jumped in again.

Part of the retreat package was a new-to-me ruler - the Folded Corner Clipper by Creative Grids.  The pattern was designed around that, so we got lots of practice cutting and sewing clipped corners.

Short ones,

and tall ones,

Blocks were created.

And eventually, after 4 days, enough blocks for a start on a new quilt.  I kept up with the "minimum" recommendations, which allowed this sample to be viewed. I have more work to do to finish up the rest of the 12 blocks that make up the pattern.

As always, colour choice is tough for a mystery quilt. Plus, working from my stash is getting harder and harder, as I deplete my larger pieces of fabric.  I think the background is a bit busy here, but it'll have to do.

Let's see if I can avoid turning this into a multi-year UFO.



2 comments:

  1. I love your fabrics. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mystery blocks are very pretty. I like the background color. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete