Sunday 29 December 2013

Back to Square One Mystery Done!

One final top finished for the year. I have my Back to Square One Medallion Mystery top completed.  I love the colours. I did briefly bemoan the fact that the borders are brown, rather than teal. But after previewing the teal fabrics in various combinations, I realized that Judy knew exactly what she was doing, and this quilt did indeed need the brown as a border. Good thing too, because in reality I did not have enough of either of the teal fabrics to use in the border :)


So, this quilt makes a lovely finish to my stash reporting for 2013.   
13 1/2 yards - Back to Square One Mystery

Total for the year: 267 1/2  yards.  Drop by Judy's blog for more stash reports today.

Onward and upward (or downward, in remaining stash).  A new year, a new plan, and a bit more accountability as I go back to reporting stash in and out.  Now, if only I could figure out how to make the year start on Jan 3, so I could go to the LQS sale with no guilt :)

2 comments:

  1. Great finish Krista. I do like the choice of brown borders. It allows that teal to really POP! You had a great 2013 moving your stash around. Happy Holidays, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never ever feel guilty for adding to your stash. It is hard to pass up a great deal on fabric.Your Back to Square One quilt is beautiful.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete