Monday 9 December 2013

Design Wall Monday - Dec 9

Great progress happened on my design wall this weekend. I'd pulled out this quilt earlier in the week and discovered I had enough blocks for 3 rows, but it really needed to be 7 rows long.  I had partial blocks for another 2.5 rows, but that was a lot of blocks to make in a week.  Then, at block party on Saturday, a few of the ladies dropped of some additional blocks for my charity quilt.  That was perfect - they added up to the missing blocks, so now I was almost all set.  I stitched together all my block segments, but some sashing strips, and assembled the quilt on Sunday.

Now I just need to figure out borders. I think I'm leaning towards the red in the upper left of this photo.  It's a red with some black specs, and I think that will pick up the black in the sashing nicely.

The reason I was able to get so far on this quilt - Swoon is DONE!  Put the last stitch in the binding Saturday night, and now it's all ready for show and tell.

I love this quilt! The blocks were from my block party month, plus an additional 4 I made. The border took me two retreats and several weeks to put together.  And the quilting is a new pantograph on my long arm, which I think turned out great.

Drop by Judy's blog to see what everyone else is up to today.

And drop by Such a Sew and Sew for more December finishes!

December Finishes

7 comments:

  1. OMG! Your Swoon quilt is gorgeous!!! The border is just perfect.

    With help from friends, your blocks progressed into a full top. I like that red for the border too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your swoon quilt! It's the prettiest one I have seen. The border just sets the whole quilt off. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your swoon quilt is beautiful! I really love the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Swoon - and the border is incredible! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts! I love the swoon and the border!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am swooning over your Swoon quilt! I love the bright colors and your border is absolutely amazing! Love the quilting too. That's a pretty panto. Wow. Beautifully done and thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete