Wednesday 11 December 2013

"Get it Done" check in

challenge top
Someone commented on my "get it done" post that I was ambitious to try to get 3/4 of it done by the 14th. But I had a goal and a plan. And I did it!
  1. quilt & bind swoon - Done
  2. quilt & bind Urban Candy - Done
  3. extend "challenge" top from retreat- Done
  4. quilt & bind christmas wall hanging - not done yet, but still on the list for December - lots of time left for this one.
And in addition - I finished my charity top from block party.  Even fixed the block that was backwards, and made the backing. I am ready for Saturday.

Urban Candy


And now, I'd best get myself down to the long arm.  In the past week I've had 3 people ask if I can quilt something for them, for Christmas.  Gotta meet those goals too!  The first quilt is in my hands, and the plan is to quilt it on Friday.  Then, the longarm will be free to start the 3 tops that should arrive on Sat.

It's pretty hard to get a good photo of a black quilt on a dark background, at 10pm.  Maybe I'll try again in the morning.  I tried a different position, and the first thing the *white* cat did was climb on top of the black quilt.

And this is YAF (Yet Another Finish :) ) linking up at Such a Sew and Sew.  I'm having a really productive December, and  I love it.  Deadlines do seem to drive productivity around here.
December Finishes

3 comments:

  1. Of course the white cat climbed on the black quilt - don't they all think they own everything soft in the house. Beautiful work! Love the quilts, and good on you for meeting your goals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on accomplishing your goals! Love the Urban Candy quilt. I'm a big fan of black and white quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are totally on a roll! I love your Urban Candy quilt. It is beautiful! Congrats on meeting your goals and thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete