Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Making Progress

My pieced border fit!  When I measured, both the quilt and the pieced border were 1/2" larger than I expected.  But fortunately that meant that my planned border sizes still worked.  I just had to cut the border strips a smidge longer.  There are 2 more borders to go on this quilt.  Another narrow black border next, and then dark red for the outer wide border.  But I needed a break, so I moved on to one of my block of the month projects.


This is 1/4 of my next paper pieced block, for Dancing with the Stars.  Slow going, and it's a bit trickier than the last one.  But it seems to be going together correctly, so I'll keep plugging away at it this week.

Do paper pieced blocks always end up with really bulky seams?  That center point is thick.  I guess, now that I look at it, that there are 8 pieces meeting there - but all the bulk seems to have fallen in the same direction, so it's a serious lump.  Not looking forward to quilting that.

Maybe by the weekend I'll have my piecing projects done, and I can start quilting on the indigo quilt.  I haven't been thinking too much about it lately, so I still don't have a quilting plan for the whole thing.  However, the indigo sections of the star are figured out, so I can start on them and see if the white areas bring any inspiration to the table.

I'm linking up to Work in Progress Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced today.  Drop by to see what others are up to this week.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your pieced border worked! I tried one, and wound up having to scrap it because it didn't work. :P oh well. I love the colors you've used for "Dancing With The Stars." So fun!

    ReplyDelete