Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Project

Now that 2 projects are complete for this month, I have decided to start a new one.  I've had the fabric for this project for a couple of years, waiting for me to get inspired and find a pattern to use.  I realized, as I searched, that this really is backwards for me.  I'm actually not sure why this one was so hard.  I've made 3 colour challenge quilts now - given a pallette, create a quilt.  But maybe it's because there are more fabrics to choose from in those pallettes, and a wider variety of colours.  This fabric set was 2 colours, in 2 shades each.  Plus a floral that ties them together.  It certainly felt a bit limiting while I was hunting for a pattern.


I did finally come up with one, and these are the first few block components for it.  Each of these 8 squares finishes at 4.5", so there's a lot of them needed before I can move onto the alternate blocks (which finish at 9").

This has been a productive month.  2 finished quilts.  1 finished top.  1 new project.  And a reorganized sewing room.  And if I get my act together, the Monday Mystery will be finished too, since the final step was posted this week.




I'm linking up at Work in Progress Wednesday over at Fresly Pieced today.  Drop by to see what everyone else is up to.

1 comment:

  1. Wow- you've gotten a lot done and everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete