Tuesday 31 July 2012

Colour Challenge

This month's colour challenge - the one I wasn't going to do - is complete!  So much for making a small quilt though - I think this one ended at 60x80".  I went to the LQS this past weekend to buy some fabric for the background, since I didn't have enough of anything in my stash (and some extra pink & yellow because I'd run out).

My plan was to get something in cream for the background, but when I showed it to someone there, she immediately said "Black.  Or something dark".  Being stubborn :) I headed over the creams anyway, but when I tried some out it looked insipid.  Just blah.  I should know better - the quilt ladies are always right :)

It took me a while, but I got my head turned around and into the "dark" zone, and came home with this purple fabric.  Which, of course, the lady at the quilt shop had picked out immediately (once I unburied myself from the cream fabrics).

And the bonus feature is, the dark purple was the one colour I was missing from the palette - I really should have known what colour I needed, shouldn't I?

Check out more challenge quilts on Judy's blog

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you really matched the colors great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista you pulled this challenge off well in July. The dark purple really makes your star radiate. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful quilt! Glad you went with the dark purple. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So beautiful! And the quilt ladies were right about the background. It makes that lovely star POP.

    ReplyDelete