Saturday, April 22, 2017
24 blocks were finished and I thought it was done. Then I realized that the blocks finish at 10", not 12", so the top was going to be a bit short of donation size. I set it aside for a while, but it lept into my retreat bag last month and I tossed some border options in with it. Assembled and bordered, it's now ready for quilting.
I like the result, and hopefully the recipient will like bright colours :) But I have confirmed one thing - the 10" ruler is about 2 rounds short of making a really good pineapple block. I would have liked the white sections to be a bit more prominent and I think 2 extra rounds might have done that for me. So my next pineapple quilt (yah, right) would be done differently.