Wednesday 6 January 2010

And then there were more

After so confidently posting on Monday that all of my UFOs are less than 1 year old, I went back to my finishing list from last year.  Apparently, I have these languishing around my sewing room:

- a Hawaiian wall-quilt that's been on my frame since 2005
- a picture quilt from my 2005 trip to Mexico
- a set of 3 wall quilts (need final embroidery and to be hung) (started in 2008)
- a stained glass dragon (started in 2009)
- tumbling blocks (started in 2009)
- reversible quilt (started in 2009)
- kaleidoscope quilt (started in 2009)
- bargello quilt (Sept 2009)
- Star mystery quilt (needs quilting) (Sept 2009)
- Morning Splash (needs quilting) (Nov 2009)


So, that's 3 quilts that don't fit under the 1 year limit.  That Hawaiian quilt has got to be finished - it sits in my living room and has mocked me every day for the past 4 years - and yet I managed to completely forget about its existance on Monday's report.  So, in an effort to shame myself into finishing this poor thing, here's a photo of the quilt on my frame.  I can't even claim it's big and that's the reason it's taken so long.


Therefore, I have decided that I will join in the Accountability Challenge from Bari.  Every Wednesday, I'll post an update on my progress towards this year's goals.   Which are:


1. Finish my UFOs that are > 1 year old
2. Finish tumbling blocks
3. Finish bargello
4. Quilt Star Mystery and Morning Splash
5. finish piecing the dragon
6. start and finish a quilt for each of my children
7. 13 quilties for the local children's hospital (1 per month, plus I "owe" one from December)

Check out Bari's blog to see what other quilters are up to.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Thanks for joining us. I can so relate to "forgetting" something that is in plain sight like that...LOL. Something subconscious I am sure.

    I think UFOs breed and age when we aren't looking. They were all just started yesterday, I know...mine were anyway!

    Looks great and can't wait to see what you get done on your UFO's!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh ho. You just reminded me that I need to add a tumbling blocks UFO to my list! I think it may be my oldest UFO! (10?)
    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, Krista. Sometimes the hardest part is just listing them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great goals. I know you will get that Hawaiian quilt finished soon. It is lovely, can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I should join that challenge too. Goodness knows, I've probably got one of the oldest UFO's on the planet (Trip Around the World quilt is mumble years old - did that mumble really sound like the number 19 years :-O ).

    Congratulations on holding up the light to see what's in that closet of yours and I have no doubt that if you don't beat the challenge, you'll at least put a serious dent in it.

    ReplyDelete