Monday 4 January 2010

Design Wall Monday - Jan 4

This is more of a "what's OFF my design wall" post.   Since last November, my "Morning Splash" from Judy's quilt-for-an-hour has been hanging on my design wall, waiting for the borders to go on.   Finally, my sewing room is back in shape, and I finished the borders.  I left off a couple of the borders from the design - because I made a smaller size quilt, it seemed like too much border to put them all on.  I bought some backing on Saturday, at one of the sales, and this one is ready to quilt.

My design wall therefore is between projects.  But I have a new one on the table for cutting.  I have 2 quilts that I want to finish tops for, before I pull out the quilting frame and finish up the 2 I have waiting.  The good news, as I said to a friend the other day, is that all of my UFOs are now less than 1 year old!!!  Last year was a great year for finishing projects.  Thanks in large part to the incentive provided by Judy's Design Wall Monday posts.  Check out Judy's blog to see what other quilters are up to this week.

11 comments:

  1. SO pretty!

    I have so few brights and tone-on-tone colors. I'm going to bring more into my stash this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that your UFO are all under a year old! Finishing up some of my oldies is a goal for me this year, but it is tough looking at all the great quilting ideas being posted. Your quilt looks great!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!
    All your UFO's are less than 1 year old?!?! They are babies! You need some more seasoned UFO's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed that your UFOs are less than a year old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think if you keep working on your UFO's Someday you can say they are all newborns. Great job geting them under control. Keep up the great work. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out so well, great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful! The colors give it an almost-stained glass effect. Really cool!

    That is phenomenal that all your UFO's are less than a year old. Can I be you when I grow up? LOL

    Bari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Krista - Your quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great! How fun that you are all ready to quilt it now! Cheers! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Morning Splash quilt looks great. Love the colors. I need to buy some brights and try this one. Really love it. Congratulations. Thanks also for your visit I'm glad to know the translator works well. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt with very colorful patches.Could make a very interesting hanging or even a decorative spread on the bed.

    ReplyDelete