Saturday 16 January 2010

Quiltathon - Day 1 complete

I'm having a great time with Judy's quiltathon this weekend.  Day one is just about over for me, because it's getting late.  But I'll be back tomorrow, hoping to make even more progress.

The big news for today is completion of the bargello quilt I started last year.  I even got the binding hand-stitched.  This quilt didn't end up exactly as I imagined it, but with a little bit of imagination I think the waterfall effect is there.  For a first attempt at a bargello, which I designed myself, I'm pretty happy with it overall.

Check out Judy's blog to see what other quilters were up to today, at the quiltathon.  And join us tomorrow for more updates.

5 comments:

  1. I think this turned out to be quite a nice bargello quilt. I like the flow of it. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it! Love the colors and such wonderful movement! Feel the water tumbling!Great job!
    Lynne in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it about bargello quilts that simply drop one's jaw??!?! AMAZING! The colors blend beautifully. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! It looks fabulous. Congrats! It's been fun being on your bargello journey. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are far too modest my friend. The Bargello quilt is beautiful and you should be proud of it.

    ReplyDelete