Wednesday 13 January 2010

Tumbling Down

I put the final stitches in the sleeve and label Friday night, and my tumbling block quilt is now complete and hanging in a place of honour.  I think this is my favourite quilt ever.  I've had this design rolling around in my head for a long time, and it came out just how I'd imagined it.

For those who didn't see my posts last year, this quilt is entirely pieced.  No applique, and no paper piecing either.  I don't enjoy doing either of those methods, so I did my best to avoid them when I made this quilt.  However, I cut more diamonds and sewed more Y-seams than I ever want to see again, in doing this quilt :)

Since it's Wednesday today, here's an update on my Accountability Challenge.  I finished 2 items off the list, and made progress on a couple of others.   The quilting on Morning Splash is done, and the star mystery (which definitely needs a name) is loaded and ready to go.

- a Hawaiian wall-quilt that's been on my frame since 2005
- a picture quilt from my 2005 trip to Mexico
- a set of 3 wall quilts (need final embroidery and to be hung) (started in 2008)
- a stained glass dragon (started in 2009)
- tumbling blocks (started in 2009)
- reversible quilt (started in 2009)
- kaleidoscope quilt (started in 2009)
- bargello quilt (Sept 2009)
- Star mystery quilt (needs quilting) (Sept 2009)
- Morning Splash (needs quilting) (Nov 2009)

 Pop over to Bari's blog to see what other quilters have been up to this week.

10 comments:

  1. That Tumbling quilt is absolutely stunning, Krista! No wonder it is your favorite.

    You are getting quite a bit done! Way to go! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to get these finished up?

    Keep it up, can't wait to see next week's report!

    Bari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt Krista! Love the tumble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!!! Happy Dance Time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Krista, it is amazing. I can't imagine me sewing lots of Y seams as you did. Sure it worthwile, Tumbling Down is a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you going to be sharing that pattern???? ;-)

    I have a friend who LOVES tumbling block quilts and I think she would love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beatiful! What a lot of work went in to that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Krista. I got to see this quilt in person as a work in progress and I can verify that Krista is an amazing person when it comes to figuring out how to piece a design together.

    The quilt came out beautiful and I can't wait to see it in person someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blocks in motion wow

    ReplyDelete