Friday 28 August 2009

Stash Report - Aug 30

I managed to get a lot of quilting done this week, despite no access to my sewing room and usual machine. Being on vacation was great! I didn't finish any quilts, since I won't do quilting on my old machine, but a lot of progress was made on my tumbling blocks, and I did finish the top of the mystery quilt.

Used:
.25 yard - tumbling blocks
2.25 yard - cut out fabric for kaleidoscope blocks
1.5 yard - border for mystery quilt

Bought:
I broke down. My fabric store had a 40% off sale, and they had a gorgeous colour that I fell in love with. It was calling to me. And of course it had to bring some friends home too ;) I'm hoping to turn this bundle into a bargello quilt - once I finish a few current projects.
5 yards in

Used YTD: 21 yards
Added YTD: 15 yards
Net: 6 yards out this year

Check out Judy's blog to see what other quilters have been up to.

6 comments:

  1. oh boy, those fabrics you bought are "my" colors! I would have caved in and bought too! And sewing, pretty soon that brings you to finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty fabric bundle! I like that they included more than one light colored fabric. So often the bundles are all medium or dark fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that colour! It is going to be a fantastic bargello quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are yummy -- they call my name too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others -- I wouldn't be able to resist those colours, either! Just beautiful! Take care, Dianne B. in England

    ReplyDelete
  6. What luscious colors! I definitely would have bought those too.

    ReplyDelete