Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Transparency Quilts book. And I put that energy to good use, making 2 small quilties to try out the patterns in the book.
I'm really happy with the way the purple turned out. The effect is exactly what I was hoping for, and the patterns in the fabric accentuate the illusion nicely. I do need to be more careful about matching rows. I don't often make quilts with sashing, and I found that my rows - even the 3 rows in the dark 9-patches - did not align very nicely. So that's something I will watch in the future.
Of course I'm a slow learner, so some of the rows on the green quilt have the same problem. I fixed it for the final long sashing row. Better late than never :)
I'm not as happy with this colour choice. I think the medium fabric is a bit too bold in its pattern, and that throws off the illusion somewhat. Although looking now - it looks better in the photograph than it does in person.
I'm linking up today over at Needle and Thread Network, and with Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday. These quilts may be done, but my transparency journey is definitely still in progress.