Sunday 9 September 2012

Stash Report - Sept 9

Lots and lots of sewing went on this week.  I finished 2 tops and loaded one on the long arm.

I decided earlier this week to make a quick twister top, to get a break from my checkerboard quilt.  Of course, picking a new quilt which was made up of a bunch of 5" squares did not exactly make a big change from sewing a bunch of 6" squares together :)

Apparently I should have take a photo earlier, because I see now areas where I would have liked to swap some blocks around.  Oh well.  I managed to use up a pile of 5" charm squares I've had sitting around for 2 years.

In any event, I did it.  I pulled out my new (well, bought in February but never used) Twister ruler and made myself a Christmas quilt.  One more white border to put on and it is done.

Used this week:

2 yards - baby quilt
11 yards - checkerboard
1 3/4 yards - christmas wreath
Total: 14 3/4 yards out

Stash usage this year: 134 3/4 yards out

Hop over to Patchwork Times to see what everyone else has been up to. 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute quilt Krista! I have a twister sitting on my sewing table - maybe I should get started - looks like fun. Your wreath came out swell.

    ReplyDelete