Monday 4 June 2012

Design Wall Monday - June 4

I made some progress on my block of the month projects this week.  That's all that's on my design wall, since the rest of my focus is on quilting tops, rather than piecing.  One more block and I'll be caught up on Dancing with the Stars - which is good because month 5 comes out on Saturday.

I'm working on the binding for 2 quilts.  And I'll get the Carpenter's Star basted sometime this week - hopefully just in time for Judy to start her lesson the center star.  I was planning to follow along, but she's long-arm quilting, from the top down. And I need to work from the center out, since I'm on my home machine.  I'm following along in the meantime and making notes.  Hopefully 2-3 more lessons and we'll be in the center so that I can get started.  Then I'll get to play catch-up :)

It's going to be a busy week at work, so I likely won't get a lot of quilting time anyway.  Maybe just as well if the feather lessons continue without me for a few days.

Drop by Patchwork Times to see what everyone's up to this week.

5 comments:

  1. Love the stars!! I'm trying to get things quilted too, mostly so I can start the feather tutorial. Love your blocks with the black background, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your blocks. Your colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blocks and I love the fabrics in your collection. I really like the red and blue star. I have never made that blocks. It has so many stars when you put the blocks together it's magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your brights with the black background. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wall is so colorful, it would draw me back into sewing even when I needed to be quilting. Trying to find balance between the two is sometimes difficult.

    ReplyDelete