Wednesday 13 June 2012

New Toy!

I'm tired of posting about my Carpenter's Star - and you have probably read more than enough about it.  So instead I want to tell you about my upcoming purchase. I have made a decision, and a long arm will be coming home sometime this summer!  I measured, and realized it wouldn't fit where I was thinking.  So I measured some more, and changed my thinking, and I can fit it into the basement.  I had my mind all made up, and was ready to order a machine.  And then I spoke to a few more people and completely changed my mind :)

I think a Handi Quilter Avante is in my future!  Now I just have to sort out the details and coordinate with a distributor.  I can't wait.  And I can't decide whether to put my quilts on hold for a few months - because I have to order the machine, wait for it to arrive, set it up, figure out how to use it, and then practice, practice, practice before I'm ready to do any of the quilts I currently have waiting to be quilted.  So, do I leave them waiting, or do I suck it up and do a few more on my domestic machine before the long arm gets here?  I suppose I'll probably do a couple of the small ones.  Or maybe I'll concentrate on making some practice quilts instead.

4 comments:

  1. Yea! I like the HQ Avante that I've used when I've rented time on a LA. Have fun no matter what you decide to do between now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your decision......enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a wonderful thing to look forward to! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very exciting! Can't wait to see what you do with it! Share the details with us once it arrives. : )

    ReplyDelete