Sunday 3 June 2012

Stash Report - June 3

Another week, another stash report.  I cannot believe that it is June!  This week, I've been focusing on finishing up some projects, so not a lot of stash usage to report.  Just 1 yard out, for binding on 2 quilts

And I tried, really I did.  I told myself I didn't need to go to the quilt store this weekend.  I found some fabrics in my stash that were pretty close for the colour challenge.  But they didn't wow me - and the palette wowed me. 

Partway through the afternoon, inspiration struck and I decided on my project for this month.  So, late afternoon I finally broke down and went on a trip to the store.  And I found the perfect fabric for this challenge.  Isn't it gorgeous?  And some lovely batiks to match. 

It all came home with me - 3.75 yards in, for this month's colour challenge.  I'm going to try to use some will power and finish quilting/binding 3 quilts before I start this project. Wish me luck :)

Totals this year:
80 1/2 yards out, 132 1/2 yards in
Net for 2012: 52 yards in

Drop by Judy's blog to see what others have done with their stash this week.

8 comments:

  1. Funny, I've seen this picture on someone's blog yesterday. I think it's gorgeous! The fabrics you've picked look fantastic together and I can't wait to see what you'll make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics, they match the palette really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your fabrics--can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are perfect. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful fabrics, especially the multicoloured batik. These will make a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome finds! You've got the perfect fabrics for this palette. I'm sure you'll turn out a gorgeous quilt with these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krista, the fabrics you've chosen are absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see what you make, so get busy and finish up those three quilts so we can see what you're making. I know it will be gorgeous. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you have to like your fabrics or you won't like the project. And what's the point if you don't like/enjoy it??!!

    I'm watching the feather tutorial. I think there is a LOT I could learn.

    ReplyDelete