Friday 8 June 2012

Knitting and washing


Judy asked what's on our needles today.  Since I joined Camp Loopy, I have my first project currently in progress.  It's about half done, and there are 3 weeks left, so I should be able to finish this shawl in plenty of time.  the picture isn't great - I'm going to have to learn how to take photos of knitting in progress.  This is going to be a shawl when it's done.

In other news, my watercolour star survived its first trip through the washer.  I was pretty nervous, after what happened to my indigo star earlier this year. But I put it through the washer with 3 colour catchers, just to be safe. 

Here is what the colour catchers looked like in the end.  The left is the first washing.  On the right is the second washing.  And in the middle is an unused sheet for reference.  The quilt came through beautifully, and is now for sale in my etsy shop

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the end result of this project. It was so much fun to watch as it went from step to step. I have often thought it might be a good idea to open one of those Etsy shops. Can I ask how much activity you get on yours? How long does it take you to sell a piece, on average?

    ReplyDelete