Sunday, 18 May 2014
4 yards out for back and binding
This one's for my son. I was going to repair his current quilt, but when I started to do that, I realized just how much of it was falling apart, so I decided a new quilt was a better option. Since the one he has is the 3rd quilt I ever made, I'm pretty sure my skills have improved since then and he's entitled to a newer one :)
7 yards used
The top was done at a retreat in early April. I finally decided to continue with my original plan for a double-sided quilt, even though I used up more fabric than intended on the front. I had the cream from another quilt, used the dark border fabric for the center, and I had bought a backing fabric for it earlier so I used that for the outer borders on the back. It will probably also end up being the binding when I'm done.
5 yards used
Total, 16 yards out.
Of course, there was a sale at the quilt store today. I went with the best of intentions - to buy backing for my son's quilt. I came home with a bit more than that.
16 yards in.
Hey, look at that. I broke even this week!!
Stash totals for the year:
402 1/4 yards in
77 1/2 yards out
Total: 324 3/4 yards in
Drop by Judy's blog for more stash reports.
Labels: stash report