Thursday, April 21, 2016

Allietare!

Allietare is done!  I finally finished sewing the binding on this quilt, and tried it out on my bed.  It fits almost perfectly, and I think will make a great spring/fall quilt.  I love the way the borders came out, with the brown tucked in there and then used for the binding. I decided not to do the scalloped border that Bonnie had on hers - partly due to "I don't wanna do that"  inertia, and partly because I like a square edge on my bed quilts.

This is the first time I made a full-sized Bonnie Hunter mystery, and I'm really glad I did. I quilted it with the "Tickle Too" pantograph which is light and airy, with a few spirals thrown in.  The quilt is busy enough that I thought it did not need any detailed quilting.




3 comments:

  1. Love the colors you used, two of my favorites. And how pretty your borders are, love the effect with the two narrow borders and the one matching the binding! I must remember how you did that

    ReplyDelete