Friday 1 April 2016

April UFO Challenge

This is my "retreat bag". I've been keeping a couple of projects in here, and dragging them with me to each retreat I go on, in an effort to make some progress on these.  In there are Northern Reflections, which just needs borders, Kaffe stripes, which has a ton of cutting left to do (and my hand hurts just thinking about it), and at least one piece of Merry Mayhem's mystery I see lying on top.   Next week, when I head out to my retreat, I'll pack this bag up along with my sewing machine, and I'm set for projects for the weekend.  Maybe I'll toss in houses & stars (a paper piecing project) just to round out the package. It helps me avoid starting a new project at the retreat because I can't figure out what to take :)

It's time for this month's UFO roundup, so here goes.

At the beginning of March I had the following projects:
10 in progress
7 planned but not started
20 to be quilted
7 to be bound

I finished 5, started 3 new, and moved a number through the process this past month.  I also realized that I overestimated how many of my disappearing hour-glass quilties actually got quilted. One has been bumped back into the "to be quilted" list, since I found the flimsy today. As of today, I now have:

12 in progress (oops, that's a step backwards)
7 planned but not started
18 to be quilted
5 to be bound

5 completed this past month (year to date - 16 finishes)

I seem to keep making new "UFOs in training", but so far this year the finishes outstrip the starts, so progress is being made in the right direction.

The detailed list for this month, so I can keep track of where I am :)

In progress:

  1. Reflections of the North
  2. Scrappy pineapple
  3. Row by row 2015
  4. Edge of 17 shop hop quilt
  5. Kaffe stripes
  6. Patchwork Year 
  7. Gardener's Alphabet
  8. Merry Mayhem
  9. Houses & Stars 
started this month
  1. WindingWays
  2. Ascension - to be quilted
  3. Blackford's Beauty (Block Party)
Planned (fabric bought and/or collected)
  1. recipe wall hanging
  2. drunkards path variation
  3. Christmas wreath
  4. Christmas reindeer
  5. two cityscapes/panels
  6. ombre flying geese (leftovers from Spectrum) 
  7. Jeans quilt
to be quilted
  1. Building Blocks - 2012
  2. Easy Street - Bonnie Hunter 2012 mystery
  3. Turquoise Trails - 2013
  4. Labyrinth - 2013
  5. Rainbow Explosion - 2014
  6. Brights baby quilt - April 2014
  7. Tell it to the Stars - Judy Laquidara 2014 mystery
  8. Block of the Week
  9. turquoise &; brown rectangles
  10. turquoise & brown diamonds 
  11. turquoise & brown baby quilt
  12. One Block Wonder #2
  13. Border Creek Station mystery (started Oct 2014)
  14. one-fabric quilt
  15. baby reflections 
  16. Glorious and Free
  17. giant scrappy swoon
  18. Disappearing hour glass #3

to be bound
  1. Stonehenge 
  2. 2 disappearing hour glass quilties
  3. Kaffe stripes quilty
  4. Allietare - Bonnie Hunter 2015 - quilted march 26, 2016
Done this month
  1. disappearing 9-patch quilty - Done March 9
  2. quiltbug.com mystery - Done march 9
  3. Mexican star - Done March 12
  4. Giraffe Abstractions by Violet Craft - Done march 22, 2016
  5. Flowers in my Windows - 2014 New Year's Eve mystery - Done March 26, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment