Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 Recap

This post is photo-heavy. I kept them small, so hopefully the loading time wont be too bad for readers.

It's time for me to look back over the past year, review what happened and think about what's next (that last piece is tomorrow's post).  I had been feeling like I didn't get a lot of my own quilting done this year, but apparently I was quite mistaken in that thought.  In actual fact, I finished more quilts and more tops this year than I did last year.  More than 2 a month in fact, which I find really hard to believe but the numbers don't lie.

Finished quilts - 26 of them
The good news is that 13 of them came out of my "to be quilted" pile from the beginning of the year.  So there was some significant reduction there. At least there was before I added all the new ones shown below :) 

Tops quilted this year, from the UFO closet:
http://kristaquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/05/a-week-of-finishes.html http://kristaquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/05/a-week-of-finishes.html http://kristaquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/08/stash-report.html http://kristaquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/08/stash-report-aug-2.html

Quilts made, start to finish, this year:
http://kristaquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/07/stash-report.html http://kristaquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/07/stash-report.html

Finished tops, ready for quilting - 13 new tops, added to my "to be quilted" pile. The house quilt is currently being quilted, but I'm leaving it in this list anyway, since it won't be finished before the new year.

I see no problem adding more tops to the "to be quilted" pile this year - 5 already in the plans for January, with all the mysteries I'm jumping into.  And 2 new pattern designs I have in mind that I want to make. The challenge is going to be getting my own quilts onto the longarm machine, between customer projects and charity quilting for Victoria's Quilts.



To Be Bound


MIA - possibly donated to Roger's House.  I don't recall quilting this one, but I don't seem to have it here in the to be quilted pile, so I'm hoping it did indeed get finished and I just neglected to photograph the end result.



Quilties - three of these were made this year, the rest are ones I finally finished up and donated.

Irish Chain http://kristaquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/05/a-week-of-finishes.html http://kristaquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/05/a-week-of-finishes.html http://kristaquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/05/a-week-of-finishes.html http://kristaquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/05/a-week-of-finishes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment