Monday 21 December 2015

Mystery overload

I sewed diligently all weekend, and finished up clue #4 on Bonnie Hunter's Allietare mystery.  Whew, that one was a lot of work. But as always, you know the end result is going to be spectacular.  I'm really happy, given the instructions for this clue, that I decided to use constant fabrics for all my colours - that's going to make for much simpler assembly when we get to the end of this, since I don't have to worry about keeping the right 4 pieces together each time.

In other news, I may have completely lost my mind.  This is my mystery quilt staging area (aka my ironing board). All of these are bundles already prepared or ready to cut, for the various New Year's Eve and New Year's Day mysteries that I think I'm going to participate in this year. I say think, because reality is likely to smack me right upside the head somewhere around mid-day on NYE :) But I'm planning to try, and what doesn't get done on the day of, will be finished at some point.

For those interested in joining my craziness, or some small part of it,  here's what I have going on, from left to right.

In the first bag, cut pieces for a yahoo group mystery quilt on NYE.
Then we have Merry Mayhem's NYD mystery, also cut and ready to go.
Then a pile of fat quarters (the greens) for a mystery from Quiltbug.com. I'm waiting for some clarification on those fabric requirements, however.
Fourth, a pile of fabric awaiting cutting instructions, for the quilting.about.com mystery
And finally, a bunch of 2.5" strips for a second attempt at the yahoo group mystery. My first set is very dark - almost black & white. So I thought I'd try switching it up with some brights for an alternate look.

With all this cutting an prep work, there isn't much on my design wall today.  But I'm linking up with Judy & Bonnie today.


9 comments:

  1. I'm interested in seeing how the quilt looks with your fabric choices.
    so many mysteries???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that's a lot of sewing projects going on at the same time... even for a squirrel like me! :) Good lock for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful units , it was a lot of sewing and like you I used a constant for the red and the black. I am hoping for more gold next clue. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Krista! That is quite a list of new projects!
    You are a mystery quilting machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot of mysteries! Allietare is looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of mystery sewing. Thanks for sharing all the links.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like seeing different colour variations, keep it up and good luck with all the mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You HAVE lost your mind! Good luck! And Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete