Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year's Eve!

I hope everyone is having a great day, and getting ready to welcome the new year.  I have spent the day working on a mystery quilt, and figuring out how to use the second set of mystery quilt fabric I cut.  The end result is 2 tops almost done.  This first one is the mystery result, minus borders. At this size it is 50x70, which is the size I need for a donation quilt, so I'm stopping here.

The second one needs a little bit of tweaking to make the stacks look better (I like the top half better than the bottom), and some borders to make it the right size for a donation to Victoria's Quilts.

You can also see my leader/ender project still attached to the top, where I added the last border.  Oops.

I also finished quilting my house quilt yesterday.  I did some pretty dense quilting on this one, but I wanted to do justice to the houses. Each one has a slightly different pattern . And one of them has a cat sitting in the window.  I'll post better pictures once I get the binding done on this top.




3 comments:

  1. Your quilts are very pretty. I agree that the stacked quilt needs some tweaking. The top of the quilt is more like stacked bricks while the bottom has smooth curves. I look forward to seeing close-up house pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how busy you are and that you complete so many quilts! They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Love the houses quilt! Your quilting looks great and really shows off the houses....cute cat too!

    ReplyDelete