Monday 30 July 2012

Design Wall Monday - July 30

Wow, it's the end of July already.  I wasn't going to participate in this month's colour challenge, because I had enough on my plate.  Camp Loopy (project 2 done, project 3 started).  New long arm machine (4 quilts done, 1 more practice quilt loaded). Plenty of Block of the Month to keep me busy.  But one day last week I decided to see what I could pull from my stash for the challenge this month, and I came up with these fabrics.  Then, I figured I'd make an easy, small quilt.  It would after all be nice to hit the end of the year able to say I'd done every colour challenge.

So I designed a quilt, and cut all my pieces.  Put it together, and the "small" quilt was 50" across!  Well, at that point, I decided I might as well make it a full twin size quilt. So here is the current progress of my "small" colour challenge this month.  A few border strips to sew, and I should be able to call it done, before the end of the month tomorrow.  The colours are a bit brighter in person - it was pretty dark when I took this photo.

Hop over to Patchwork Times to see more design walls today.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Your "small" quilt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and perfect for practicing, what kind of long arm did you get? Is this new to you ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lone Star! I like the borders you are auditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colors. The border looks innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quilt. You'll get to do some wonderful quilting on that one with your new long arm!! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice looks like theres a light turned on in the middle of the star

    ReplyDelete