Saturday, July 28, 2012
Another quilt done on my long arm. I still have a ways to go, but I'm really enjoying this. 2 hours, loaded to off the machine. No more crawling around on the floor for an hour, pinning the heck out of a quilt. And no more stuffing oodles of fabric and batting through a little 7" throat on my Husqvarna. I can see what I'm doing, things don't shift, and the machine (mostly) plays nice with me :)
However, I did not manage the "small" part. This star is 50" square (once I add the background blocks it will be square, anyway). So, since it is so big already, I'm going to add a top/bottom border about 10" each, and then another border all around, to make it about 60x80 - which should be about right for a twin bed.