Monday, July 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I finally made it back into my sewing room this weekend.  All it took was a little pressure from a virtual quilt-a-long, and finishing my shawl.  Knitting complete, I could spend some quality time in the sewing room on Sunday.  I didn't get a lot done, but I think I did do enough to push myself over the block I've been having.  Two blocks from Dancing with the Stars are done (red/blue connecting blocks). 

And I started on a BQ quilt.  The original plan didn't work out, so I've made a slight revision and I hope it will go smoothly from here.  The focus blocks were originally 9" square.  But that left a border on the bottom which after assembly did not fit at all.  So, I'm going to shrink the squares to 9x7" rectangles, and work with that.  This will be a quick (I hope) baby quilt that I can use as one of my practice quilts for my long arm machine - which should be here mid-week!

1 comment:

  1. You've got to be so excited for your delivery this week. Charity quilts are a great way to practice your stitching. Your DWTS project is looking good. Sandi

    ReplyDelete