Friday 6 July 2012

On the Needles

Judy asks us what's on our needles every Friday. It's a nice break from quilting sometimes, and given that I've been focussed on my Camp Loopy project this week, I have more to show here than on my design wall.  So I thought I'd share progress on my shawl.

It's kind of hard to see what this is going to look like.  It's laceweight knitting, and so far I've only had to rip once, to recover a couple lost stitches.  I figure I'm about 1/3 done now, but the project is slow going.  I learned to knit as a child, but it's been a long time since I did any real projects (other than hats/mitts for my kids).  So a bit slow going and this project has to be done by July 27 for Camp Loopy.  That's going to mean 2-3 hours knitting per day, on average, which is a bit tough to fit in when I work full time. But I'm pluggin away, and it's a weekend so I'm hoping for lots of progress over the next couple of days.

This is what it should look like when it's done. The pattern is from Ravelry.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gracious!! What a project you have undertaken--I'm in awe! Your yarn is so beautiful; I can't wait to see me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! That is going to be a wonderful shawl - I love your yarn - very very pretty. Hope life gives you more time to knit!

    ReplyDelete