Saturday 14 July 2012

Stash Report - July 15

My poor sewing room has been sadly ignored for the past few weeks.  Oddly enough, that did not seem to keep me from visiting the fabric stores, and bringing home some lovely bundles of colour.  I don't want to know how much my stash just increased.  And given that it did not decrease at all this month, I am not going to count the incoming.  Maybe after I wash it. But probably not. I think I'm going to switch my stash reports to outgoing only.  I have a very minimal stash, and it needs some growth., but having to report every week makes me really reluctant to buy anything - so, no more yardage in reports.


Here is what has been keeping me out of my sewing room.  Progress is being made on the shawl - I'm on the final edging now, so I hope to have this finished and blocked by the end of the next week.  From what I've read, this should grow significantly when I block it - which is good, because it's not looking very shawl-like right now.

The other thing keeping me out of my sewing room is anticipation. My Handi-Quilter Avante should be here on Wednesday (well, at the shop - then I have to figure out how to get it home).  I can't wait to start playing with it, and I've been avoiding my sewing room partly for that reason. Every time I go in there, I want the long arm to arrive.  Staying out makes it easier to wait.

5 comments:

  1. I like your strategy for stash monitoring, just report what goes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you don't need to destash, so a good idea to just concentrate of incoming fabric. How exciting - will look forward to hearing about your new toy. PS: Love the colorful fabric you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand exactly Krista! I've actually started calling my Stash Report by a new name... it is now the Stash Enhancement Report! I like adding fresh new fabrics to my stash also, and I refuse to feel guilty for it, so I just changed my focus for the report to fit my personal stashing style! I love the colors of your new fabrics!!! And how exciting to be getting a long-arm machine! I've been pondering that move, but so far have not jumped in and bought one yet. I know you'll love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new arrivals of fabric are great colors. I have more than enough stash, so I need to focus on the outgoing too, but every once in a while I NEED a piece or two! You will have a great time with your new long arm. Buy fabric now because when you start quilting -- you won't have time to go shopping for fabric anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have hundred's of yards of fabric and it is still fun to bring new in...I don't like counting the incoming either, but lately it seems that is all that is happening. I might need to rethink my incoming reports too...:) Lucky you on the new long arm!!! Your shawl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete