Friday 20 July 2012

Finally!!


It's here!  UPS finally delivered today, a friend nicely took the time to drive me to the store to pick it up, and I have my new long arm machine! Oh my goodness, all the boxes!  Eight boxes in total, stacked in my basement.  I couldn't wait to open them. Right after dinner, I got started.

Three and a half hours, and this is how far I've gotten in the setup.  I could probably finish tonight (I told the owner of the LQS that I would have it fully assembled by midnight - that's still 2 hours away :) ).  But the next steps look complicated, and the last thing I want to do is make a mistake in the middle of this. So I think I'm going to rest my poor back, and finish another day (which means Sunday, since tomorrow is fully booked already).  The machine makes me nervous, sitting up there with no protection, however.  I may find myself back down there again sooner than I think.

I forgot to buy a surge protector, so that purchase needs to be done before I can turn the machine on, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Its like being a little kid huh?! Congrats and have fun! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I knew you would find a way to make it happen. Good Luck and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete