It's been a busy week putting tops together, but I did manage to get 2 more of my New Year's projects bordered.
The second one is from quilting.about.com. This one was more complex for a one-day mystery, but definitely still doable (even if it did take me a week). I decided to set it on point and created the setting triangles on the fly. And managed to mess up the measurements in one place. Rather than re-doing 6 blocks, I decided I could just trim the sashing strips to make it fit (I lost 1/2" on one edge).
This was a great theory, and worked fine until I started trying to square the quilt up. Because the blocks were no longer square (I only trimmed 1 edge), my quilt was skewed towards two diagonal corners when I trimmed the edges. Took me a while to figure out what went wrong, and then more time (and several cycles of cut & measure) to make the quilt square (well, rectangular, but you know what I mean).
After all that, I decided it had to have borders, to keep the bias edges stable before it was quilted (and I needed a few extra inches to stretch the quilt back to full size).
And now I get to count some fabric out for the year.
Quiltbug.com mystery - 4.5 yards
quilting.about.com mystery - 10 yards
This week's totals:
14.5 yards out
62 yards in
21.5 yards out
Total: 40.5 yards in
Head over to Patchworks Times today for more stash reports.