After setting myself up with dark thread in my machine the other day, I spent lots of time working on my scrappy swoon quilt yesterday. And last night. And (way too) late last night. But at 2am I finished the outer rows! Phew, that feels like a big achievement, although it's really not that hard. The toughest part was trying to make sure the seams in the all the 9-patches meshed nicely (all but 2 worked out). And keeping the scrappy squares arranged so they aren't side-by-side. There are 2 or 3 spots where that didn't work out, but overall I think it's a pretty good arrangement.
Now to decide if I want borders. As it stands, the quilt is 72x72 - an awkward size I think. If I add a 1.5" black border, 3" scrappy border, and 5" black border it will be 91x91", which would fit a queen bed nicely, so I'm leaning that way. But first, I must bind a quilt that's due on Monday.
Linking up at Freshly Pieced and the Needle and Thread Network today.