A new year, a new stash report. Last year went pretty well. While I didn't avoid purchasing fabric completely, I definitely used more than I brought in over the year.
My final totals for last year were
104 3/4 yards in
217 1/4 yards out
Total: 112 1/2 yards out
This year, every quilt shop in my end of town had a big sale either right after Christmas or right after New Year's Day. So, I indulged. I tried to be restrained this year, and was quite proud of myself for staying on budget. Then I looked back and realized I bought almost the same amount of fabric during this year's sales as I did last year. Oh well, maybe next year.
This one is the mystery (without borders - I decided to leave them off so this top is the right size for a donation), and the second one is a revised layout so that I didn't have to sew a bunch of identical 2.5" strips back together into 6.5" blocks. Each of these used 3.5 yards of fabric.
7 yards out
Total: 55 yards in
Last year I hit the black on April 5th, let's see how I can do this year. I'm linking up with Judy over at Patchworks Times today. Drop by to see how everyone else is starting the year off.