Sunday 1 April 2012

April Colour Palette

Oh my goodness.  I don't know if I can bear the colour palette this month.  The colours themselves are interesting, and I think will make a lovely quilt.  But I almost wish I didn't know where the inspiration came from.  Can I make a quilt using colours drawn from moldy pie?  Yes, that's what I said.  The story is over here.  What do you think?  Could you ever look at a quilt made from these colours without seeing that pie, if you knew the source of the inspiration?

While I'm pondering that decision, here's another look at my March colour palette quilt.  After reading the comments, and taking the quilt to my local quilt shop, I've decided that the borders can stay just as they are.

Check out the other colour palette quilts on Judy's blog today (but watch out for that pie).

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I know what you mean! I have been printing the full photo with palette chips to hang over my cutting table for inspiration...but I'm not sure I can look at this photo all month long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the borders are perfect - and yes - will you always think of moldy pie as you view your quilt for April?? Tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your March Challenge. I too, love the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moldy pie indeed! Judy and Vicki are so funny! Love that this is the April 1st challenge! I like your March project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether you do the April palette or not (and I totally understand), I love your March project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! The April photo is kind of creepy:) I love the colors, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilt....and I am also pondering over the April palette........it is really a stomach turner for sure.......the inspiration, not the colors! I have to say that I LOVE Vicki's sense of humor and her creativity. There are not that many people who would be inspired by a moldy pie!

    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete