Sunday 8 April 2012

Stash Report - April 8

My pink & green quilt this week made a nice dent in my stash.  4.5 yards used for the remaining blocks and all those borders.

Unfortunately, I then took advantage of the weekend to head out to the quilt shop.  I picked up backing for this quilt and one other, for a total of 8 yards.  1 step forward, 2 steps back apparently.  I wonder if I'll be able to meet my goal of breaking even this year.  The goal to reach 100 yards used seems realistic enough, since I'm 1/3 of the way there.

Total this year:
35 3/4 yards out, 65 1/2 yards in
Net for 2012: 29 3/4 yards in

Head over to Judy's blog to see how other quilter's are doing with their stash busting (or building, as the case may be).

6 comments:

  1. At least you have some out to balance what you brought in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think those eight yards were gotta-haves and don't count at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if they're backings that have a known top, then at least that yardage will be going OUT again fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Pink Posies quilt is beautiful - you did a great job with the design. Can't finish a quilt without backing fabric - plus we have to go to quilt shops for "inspiration".

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you are making a dent in your stash. That's a good thing. I'm hardly moving mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you trying to use a 100 without regard to what you bring in?

    ReplyDelete